We can submit a letter on your behalf to request a refund for an overdraft or late fee.  To initiate this, open Truebill, click on the "bell" icon in the upper right corner, and find the notification about the fee.  From there, you will see a button to request a refund.  Tap that button and complete the following screen.  

Please keep in mind that while we try our best to ask for refunds on your behalf, not all requests are granted. 

Refunds that are approved will typically reflect in your account within 2 weeks after the initial refund request via Truebill.  If the request is not approved within those 2 weeks, we find it helps to also call the number on the back of your card, mention that you sent a letter, and then request the refund again.

If there is no refund button:
Note: If you see the fee alert in your notifications but there is no button to request a refund, this means that your bank does not respond to fee refund requests via mail.  As such, for these fees, you want to call your bank and say the following:

"Hi, I received an overdraft fee (or late fee) on ____ date.  I have been a customer with you for __ years and I would really appreciate if you please refund the fee"

Did this answer your question?